The thyroid is a gland that is responsible for the production of thyroid hormone in the body. Thyroid hormone performs several functions like calorie-burning heartbeats and many more.
If the thyroid gland does not produce enough amount of thyroxine hormone in the body, then the condition is known as hypothyroidism.
Sometimes immune system attacks the thyroid gland and damages it. As a result of this damage thyroid gland does not be able to produce enough amount of thyroid gland that cause hypothyroidism.
The damage of thyroid gland can be happened due to the treatment of cancer.
Symptoms of hypothyroidism:
Hypothyroidism is most common in the woman as compared to men. Women are most likely to have hyperthyroidism, especially after pregnancy and menstruation.
There are some symptoms of hypothyroidism such as,
- A person may feel tired all the time whether he is taking rest or not.
- A person is more sensitive to cold in the weather; sometimes, a person feels cold when no one in the surrounding feels cold.
- Less production of thyroxine hormone causes a weakness in the muscle. Moreover, it also causes muscles cramp.
- In woman, less amount of thyroid hormone cause less or excessive flow of blood during menstruation cycle.
- Hypothyroidism also cause a sudden gain in the weight no matter if a person is eating less or more
- In older people, hypothyroidism may cause memory loss and depression
- Less production of thyroxine hormone causes the developmental problem in children.
- Due to less production of thyroid hormone teenager starts to develop before time.
- There is a direct link between the less production of thyroxine hormone and mental disorders. Sometime a person may feel depression and numbness as the symptom of hyperthyroidism.
- Hypothyroidism may also cause the puffiness of the face or heading problems
- Less production of thyroid hormone also causes heart diseases in the human body.
Hypothyroidism can create a lot of complication in the human body, such as heart problems, pregnancy complications, and myxedema coma.
When the thyroid gland produces an extra amount of thyroid hormone, then this condition is known as hyperparathyroidism.
Due to the hyperthyroidism, the level of many hormones starts to increase, such as T4 and T3 hormone.
The causes of hyperthyroidism may include grave disease, use of medicines, or thyroid cancer.
Symptoms of hyperthyroidism:
In the case of hyperthyroidism, the symptoms of this disease vary in the intensity across the people. There are some symptoms of hyperthyroidism, such as
- A person may feel difficulty in sleeping due to hyperthyroidism.
- Just like the hyperthyroidism, in this disease to a person feel tiredness all the time.
- In the case of hyperthyroidism, a person is very sensitive to heat and cannot tolerate any amount of heat.
- The high amount of thyroid hormone Causes troubles in the digestive system of the human being; a person always complains about diarrhea.
- Due Extra amount of thyroid hormone, a person, tends to do a lot more Pee as compared to normal
- In hyperthyroidism, there is a significant decrease in libido or sex drive
- The excess amount of thyroid cause muscle problems in human being.
- In this disease, a person face anxiety and nervousness and have a lot of mood swings
- One of the most common symptoms of hyperthyroidism is swelling in the neck area that is caused by the enlargement of the thyroid gland
- In hyperthyroidism, the weight of a person starts to decrease rapidly
- In hyperthyroidism, the loss of hair and nails is very significant, and the quality of hair and nails starts to decrease
- A person may feel excessive sweating and redness in the palms of the hands in the hyperthyroidism.
Hyperthyroidism can create a lot of serious complication in the human body, such as
- bones problem
- heart failure
- pregnancy complications
- Thyroid Storm
- Eye problems
When the pressure of blood is always high in our blood, it caused a disease that is known as hypertension.
The force that exerted by the blood against the walls of the arteries and vessels of the blood. Blood pressure represents in two numbers. The above figure is known as Systolic number, and it represents the pressure in the blood vessels when the heart is beating. The lower amount of Blood pressure is known as diastolic, and it represents the force in the vessels when the heart is resting.
The symptoms of hypertension:
Hypertension is known as the silent killer because the symptoms of hypertension are hidden.
There are some symptoms of hypertension such as
- Irregular heartbeat
- Blood comes from the nose
- Buzzing sound in ears
- The presence of blood in the urine
- A person may feel difficulty during breathing.
- A person may feel trouble in sleeping
- Increase sweating
Causes of Hypertension:
- The main reason for hypertension is an unhealthy diet. Unhealthy diet means the consumption of salt, oil, and fatty foods in excess amount.
- Excessive smoking or alcohol drinking can also be the reason for hypertension
- The risks of hypertension are 50% more high in obese people as compared to healthy people
- Hypertension is also related to family history or genetics
- If a person has previous medical conditions such as kidney Problem, or kidney stone, the chances of hypertension is high in that person.
Complications of Hypertension:
Hibernation may cause some severe complication of the human body some of these complications are as following
- Angina attack. Angina is this sharp pain in the chest
- Heart failure
- Brain hemorrhage
- Kidney failure
A person can be avoided hypertension by doing these simple steps
- Limit the intake of salt and fatty food
- Start doing exercise 30 minutes a day
- Quit smoking
- Reduce the amount of alcohol intake
- Eliminate the processed food from the diet
There are some stages in hypertension
Blood pressure of a person is normal when Systolic is less than one 20 mm Hg and diastolic is less than 80 mm Hg
In this stage, the systolic remains between 120 to 139 mm Hg And diastolic remains between 80 to 89 mm Hg.
Happy hypertension is not a problem or disease, but it is an indication that a person needs to control his diet otherwise the chances of getting hypertension is high
- Stage one
When the systolic is between 140 to 1599 mm Hg, and the diastolic remains between 90 to 99 mm Hg then that person is in stage one hypertension
In this stage, a person needs to take medical care not only to treat Blood pressure but also to reduce the risk of heart failure too.
- Stage 2
When the systolic is 160 mm Hg or higher than that and diastolic is 100 mm Hg or higher than that, then the person is in stage two of hypertension.