Nowadays, the trend of plastic surgery is highly popular among youth, especially in a woman through plastic surgery; a person can alter the physical appearance by placing tissues from one part to another part.
Reconstructive surgery is done for the defective or loses part of the body. However, the purpose of cosmetic surgery is to enhance the appearance of the person. There are different types of surgeries that a person can do, such as facelift, brow lift, tummy tuck, breast augmentation procedure, removal of ribs, and many more.
The healing time of every plastic surgery is different and depends on the patient and the type of surgery. Healing time for plastic surgery consists of removal of stitches, sutures to the scar of the incision site.
Most people can do on their own without any assistance on the second day of operation. It is essential to have assistance on the first day of operation. Not only that person can help the patient to put a pillow or give you water. However, if the patient is in pain, then the person can go to the doctor for follow up. After the operation, Surgeons would give pain relief medicines or a soothing gel or prescribe the patient to put ice on the targeted area. However, if a person is feeling Immense pain, then he or she must consult with the surgeon to make sure there is no infection or bleeding or swelling inside the body.
Recovery time for plastic surgery:
Now there is some time for the healing process of plastic surgery, but these are standard or average healing times of surgery. It is not 100% accurate that a person needs this time to recover.
Here are some examples of plastic surgery and the healing time of these surgeries.
- In this plastic surgery, the surgeon removes excess fat and skin from the face.
- In this procedure, the surgeon tightens the fat muscles, stretch the skin muscles so the skin can appear smoother.
- In this surgery, it is possible to have nerve damage or infection. So, a person must take treatment from a certified board surgeon.
- In this process, the swelling and effects of surgery are more visible, and a person would avoid going into public. The swelling starts to reduce after 14 days of post-op. However, the full effects of swelling would remove after one entire year.
- In the surgery, a person may feel tightness in the muscles of the face and neck post-op. Sometimes a person also feels burning sensation and pain.
- For the full results of a facelift, a person may have to wait for five to six months.
- Blepharoplasty is an eyelids surgery in which the surgeon removes the extra fat and skin from the upper and lower eyelid. This surgery can be reconstructive surgery or cosmetic surgery, depending on the purpose or why a person is doing it.
- This procedure also used to remove the sag that starts to appear on the eyelids like a personage. This surgery also enhances or correct the shape of an eye.
- In this surgery, a person can be able to walk independently after the second day of surgery. The doctor will prescribe the patient to wear glasses so patient eyes will not strain.
- After one week of post-op, a person can go to work by wearing glasses or makeup to hide the effects of surgery.
- After eyelids lift a person feels tightness and soreness in the upper and lower eyelid, but it is reasonable and go after some time
- The swelling of upper and lower eyelids would remove after 8 to 9 days of surgery, and final effects would be visible on eyelids after six months.
- Browplasty is also known as browlift or forehead lift.
- The surgeon removes excess fat and skin from the forehead used to remove the sag and the deepness of the forehead.
- This procedure also removes fine lines and handedness of eyes
- This procedure is almost done with the facelift.
- After 7 to 8 days of operation, the surgeon removes the stitches and allows the patient to go work, but it takes 14 days to bruise and to swell to go.
- A person can see the complete results of browlift after four to five months of operation.
- Rhinoplasty is known as a nose job in the plastic surgery field.
- The purpose of the surgery is to enhance the proportion of nose in facial features. As eyelids surgery, a person needs a nose job for medical purposes. Sometimes a person feels difficult for breathing due to the structure of the nose. So, in that condition, surgeons recommend that patients do nose jobs. Alternatively, another person does nose jobs to change the shape of the nose or to make the nose slimmer.
- In this surgery, the sprints are used.
- One sprint is placed inside the nose and another outside to give support to the new structure. In a nose job a person should have to be patient for effective or complete result
- After five or seven days of surgery, the sprint removed by the surgeon. Nevertheless, it takes 14 days for swelling to reduce.
- A person can be able to go to work after one week of operation.
- In this case, too, a person must wait for a month for effective results.
- This is also known as a tummy tuck, and it can be done in a mommy makeover, breast lift, or after weight loss. The purpose of abdominoplasty is to remove the excess fat and contoured the muscles, so the abdominal area has more definition and dimension.
- This surgery could take a long time as it is very similar to C-section.
- A person may feel painful abdominal swelling after abdominoplasty.
- A surgeon would remove the drain from the body after one week of operation. After three weeks, the person would be able to go back to work and continue his healthy life.
- It may take one to three months for swelling to reduce.
- A person may have to wait for six months for final results before deciding the surgery successful or not.
- Breast augmentation procedure
- This surgery is used to enhance the size and shape of the breast by placing implants underneath or above the muscles of the breast.
- Swelling and bruising would be most after one or two days of operation, but it starts to reduce after three to four weeks.
- A person can start to do exercise for three weeks.
- A person would be able to go back to work after two weeks of operation.
- Surgeons recommend not to wear a bra after one or two weeks of surgery, but it is reasonable to wear a bra after four to five weeks.
Here are some surgeries and their healing time according to experts, but it is not accurate or standard. If a person is not healing after standard time, that does not mean the surgery is not successful. The healing process is quite tricky and different for every person, so before worrying, a person should consult his surgeon to see everything is fine.