Asthma is an inflammatory disease of the air pipes of lungs. It is a long-term disease that is caused by multiple factors such as environmental factors, genetics, and medicines. Environmental factors include exposure to pollution and dust. The use of medications, such as aspirin.
The symptoms of asthma include shortness of breath, coughing, and wheezing.
Multiple diseases are paired with asthma, such as gastroesophageal diseases and obstructive sleep apnea. Apart from medical disorders, the chances of anxiety disorder and mood disorders are relatively high in asthma patients.
Home remedies for asthma:
There are no such medical treatments or remedies; there can be able to cure asthma entirely, but there are some remedies that a person can take to avoid the chances of having asthma attacks.
In an emergency asthma attack situation, a person should try their best to keep themselves calm and use a medical inhaler for rescue purposes.
During asthma attacks, a person should try to stand if he’s standing or lying down be because standing helps to increase the flow of air into the lungs.
Some remedies can help to reduce the symptoms of asthma such as
- Dietary changes:
- There is no specific diet or food item that can help to reduce asthma.
- But some certain foods have specific characteristics in them which help to reduce asthma attacks temporarily. Having coffee and chocolate helps to increase airflow in the lungs for a short period. The caffeine in coffee acts the same as an asthma medicine, which is theophylline.
- Sometimes after eating certain foods, cause the asthma attacks in some people, so try to avoid having these items.
- Moreover, the symptoms of asthma are worse in obese or overweight people. So people who are slightly overweight should try to lose their weight by incorporating a lot of vegetables and fruit in their diet.
- Uses of essential oils:
- Essential oils are the oils that are extracted from the roots, stems, leaves, and the blossom of the plant. According to scientific research, Essential oils Have inflammatory properties in them which help to solve the symptoms of asthma attacks
- According to scientific research, inhaling vapors from water mixed with one to two drops of eucalyptus oil helps to reduce inflammation in the lungs. In 2004 a scientific study proved that eucalyptus oil helps to reduce inflammation of the airway as 1-8 cineole is the main element of eucalyptus. The diffusion of two to three drops in a diffuser helps to reduce the symptoms and chances of asthma attacks.
- Another oil that is very beneficial for asthma attacks is lavender oil.
- Lavender oil is perfect for reducing inflammation of allergies from the lungs.
- But in emergencies, a person should take medical treatment and don’t rely on the use of essential oils.
- Breathing exercise:
- There are tons of benefits to breathing exercises. Breathing exercise helps to reduce hyperventilation in the lungs
- Breathing exercise also helps to reduce the intake of medicines for asthma attacks.
- Many types of breathing exercises help to reduce symptoms of asthma attacks such as
- Controlled hold of the breath
- Slow breathing
- Buteyko breathing technique
In this type of breathing exercise, the focus of taking a breath is from the nose despite mouth as taking the inspiration from mouth makes the airways dry.
- Use of garlic and ginger:
- Garlic and ginger has an inflammatory property in them
- Asthma is an inflammatory disease; that’s why the intake of garlic and ginger can help to reduce the symptoms of asthma attacks.
- It is scientifically proved that oral intakes and supplements of ginger can help to reduce the symptoms of asthma attacks
- There is the use of hypnosis in hypnotherapy helps a person to be calm and relax. In this process, there is an exercise for muscle relaxation, which helps to reduce the symptoms of asthma, such as tightening of the chest, coughing, or wheezing.
- Yoga is an ancient form of exercise to make and relax a person. It is beneficial for physical and mental health.
- In yoga, there is a various breathing exercise that helps to reduce the symptoms of asthma. Moreover, control breathing makes the lungs stronger. And in this procedure, for breathing nose and diaphragm are used
- Omega-3 oil:
- omega 3 Is very beneficial for health, it is found in fish and flax seeds it is scientifically proven that omega-3 helps to control the inflammation in airways and improve the efficiency of lungs.
- Incorporating Omega 3 in daily life can help to cure asthma attacks.
- High dose of Omega-3 can cause a lot of harm in the body
- Acupuncture is a Chinese form of off treatment
- In this, a box filled with small needles places on different parts of the body to collect all the bad blood that has terrible bacteria in it.
- There is not much evidence that acupuncture treats the symptoms of asthma. But in the long term, acupuncture improves the Airways and symptoms of asthma, e.g., chest pain, and sneezing.
- Speleotherapy is a modern way of treating disease. In this, a person spent a significant amount of time in a room that is filled with salt, so all the tiny salt particles can go into the respiratory system and treat asthma.
- Until now, there is no scientific evidence that speleotherapy helps to cure asthma, but in one study, there is a short-term effect on lung disease.
The home remedies on asthma treatment are not proved very efficient scientifically. If a person is trying to use a home remedy as to treatment of asthma before that, he should consult with his doctor to see he/she is not allergic to a specific plant or herb. Moreover, if a person is using a home remedy for asthma treatment then doesn’t quit the use of the medicine of lungs without the prescription of a doctor