While most people have never thought of using eucalyptus essential oils to treat constipation, the oil is awfully effective for boosting digestive system efficiency and improving the overall health of the gut and the entire digestive system. Constipation can mean aching or strained bowel movements and irregularity. Constipation can be tremendously uncomfortable, to both children and adults as it leads to bloating and cramping and stomach upset among other gastrointestinal issues. It can also lead to poor nutrient intake due to little or no appetite thus causes hemorrhoids which are caused by bowel movement straining. It also leads to blood in the stool and a higher risk of contracting colorectal cancer and even ulcers. Constipation can be caused by many different things, including the use of certain medications, improper diet, excessive laxative use hormonal disorders and extended sickness or infection in the colon or stomach. Also, excessive alcohol consumption, dehydration and substance abuse can cause constipation. Using essential eucalyptus oils and ginger oil to treat constipation is effective due to their anti-inflammatory, carminative, anti-spasmodic, antibacterial, relaxant and sedative properties.
The antibacterial properties of the eucalyptus essential oils created using the Eucalyptus leaves were studied to determine the Vitro antimicrobial activities of the oil. Using hydro distillation, the outcome showed that antimicrobial activity took effect against Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureus.
Infections caused by these two diseases can be treated using Eucalyptus oil. The results indicated that the oil deters microorganisms and parasitic conditions in the body in areas particularly susceptible, for example the colon and intestines.
Apart from that, the eucalyptus oil can be used for the following:
- .Treating of colds and flu -Eucalyptus works as an expectorant and helps purify your body from not only toxins but also other harmful microbes that can make you ill. One of the most efficient ways to use eucalyptus in treating and preventing colds and flu is by dropping numerous drops of the eucalyptus oil into your diffuser and placing it in the bedroom so that you breathe in the healing portion of the oil for the entire night long.For more sensitive situations, you can pour a cup of steaming water into a basin, and then mix approximately ten drops of eucalyptus oil with it, then dip a towel over your head that has been dipped into the water and inhale deeply for about five to ten minutes. It will cure colds and flu instantly and unlike antibiotics, it has no side effects at all
- Nourishment of the hair – To make your hair well nourished; mix few drops eucalyptus oil with either some coconut or some olive oil and use it on your hair and it gives it a glowing and moisturizing look. Eucalyptus oil also effectively works in warding off dandruff and an itchy scalp making one feel comfortable and healthy. In addition to that, eucalyptus is used as a natural remedy for getting rid of lice among other harmful pests in replacement of chemical treatments that are expensive and have serious side effects.
3. Cleaning of the hands – Eucalyptus oil acts as an excellent cleanser that aids in removing e grease and dirt from your long and tedious workday. It can as well invigorate sore hands and feet when mixed with salt and used in taking baths. To remove grease and all manner of dirt and germs, just mix Epsom salt, sea salt, and eucalyptus oil and use it to wash the hands or any of the affected areas and it will be awfully clean and germs – free.
4. Prevention and treatment of Sinus and Allergies – A study was conducted at NYU Medical School and it revealed that using eucalyptus effectively treats sinusitis. Patients showed faster signs of improvement when substituting with eucalyptus oil for completely treating allergies and sinus issues. The study had participants taking eucalyptus oil orally, and it’s also recommended for clearing clear the throat through gargling .The same depicted excellent results.
5. Natural Home Care – In addition to eucalyptus giving pleasant and fresh scent to your home products, it also adds very important anti-microbial properties to the home. You get the most valuable results if you put several drops of eucalyptus oil into pretty almost everything in the house e.g. soap, mop water, laundry detergents, surface cleaners, toilet cleaner, bathing water window cleaner and so on and so forth.
6. Stench Remover –Sometimes back, I had issues with smelly shoes and I washed them topically with water mixed with eucalyptus oil and I placed it outside to dry in the sun. The smell disappeared completely and was prevented from recurring. The shape of the shoes was also maintained. Excellent results can also be achieved by mixing it with either lemon oil or tea tree oil to make an anti – odor spray.
7. Air purifier – I have put a few drops of the eucalyptus oil into my vacuum and clothes dryer to air out them up and disinfect them a little and I never regretted doing it. In addition to that, it is the best for getting rid of mold in one’s home as one can mix eucalyptus with clove oil, tea tree oil or any other such like oils to cleanse the air and maintain a fresh and mold-free home.
8. Spot Remover -Eucalyptus oil is one of the most effective spot remover for getting rid of spots on one’s carpet and other fabrics like clothes, as it works like lemon oil. It additionally gets gum off one’s shoes. One should ensure that testing is done on a not easily seen place first just to ensure that the oil doesn’t react peculiarly with the material being treated.
9. Respiratory tract infections and problems treatment –Respiratory tract problems like asthma, pneumonia, Tuberculosis and bronchitis can be effectively treated using Eucalyptus essential oil. Eucalyptus completely treats asthma by dilating the blood vessels and allowing more oxygen into the lungs. To do it one should just mix eucalyptus oil, coconut oil and peppermint oil to make a vapor rub and one should rub it on the upper chest of the patient and the problem is cured completely.
10. Wound Treatment – In addition to all the above benefits, Eucalyptus oil has not only an antimicrobial but also some antiseptic properties that are effective at treating wounds, cuts, burns, sores, abrasions, and scrapes. Eucalyptus oil can also be made into a salve or healing ointment and used to cure on bug bites and stings by rubbing the ointment on the affected areas. In addition to naturally relieving pain in the affected area, it keeps the area from getting infected, and this makes the healing speedy.
Use of eucalyptus on pets – The oil is also good to use on pets as it keeps them free from germs and infections.
Eucalyptus oil is effective in doing the above are due to its ability to kindle immunity, improve respiratory circulation and provide antioxidant protection.
The health benefits of eucalyptus oil come from a chemical now known as cineole — this is an organic compound shown to embrace amazing, widespread medicinal effects, which include everything from pain killing and inflammation reduction to killing leukemia cells
Eucalyptus has the highest known cineole levels of any plant; approximately 80–95 percent, and it has been discovered that some other plants e.g. cannabis, ginger, cardamom rosemary, tea tree, peppermint and helichrysum
That makes it one of the reasons why when these essential oils extracted from any of these plants have such a great and synergistic effect. Like most things in nature, the harmonious effects of multiple healing agents working together create astounding super remedies.
Some of the most thrilling eucalyptus oil research out today shows that it can help in preventing drug-resistant bacterial infections like tuberculosis (TB). As more strains of TB keep evolving, defenses against the drug protocols customarily used, a major public health concern has risen to the vanguard.
It has been discovered that the cineole commonly found in eucalyptus essential oil is in reality an efficient long-term therapy to help control chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) symptoms and improve asthma treatment and management
Eucalyptus benefits also include lowering high blood pressure and have the ability to relax aortas. Due to all these benefits, eucalyptus oil is an essential oil to keep stocked in everybody’s natural first aid kit or home medicine cabinet.
Apart from eucalyptus oil, Ginger Oil is also one of the most well-known natural oils for soothing the stomach and promoting improved digestion, ginger oil is also an outstanding method for healing constipation. This oil is also known to release excess gas and also release strain in the bowels, which in most cases is the source of your blockage.
Three to five drops of ginger oil is added into a fresh glass of ginger tea for a serious stomach refreshment, as this should get your bowels moving normally when used two to three times per day for two to three days.
Ginger is a blossoming plant in the family Zingiberaceae whose root is far and wide used as a spice, and it has been used as a medicine for hundreds of decades. Due to its digestive properties, ginger is an essential part of Asian cuisines. In most cases, it is added to most of the meals, including animal protein, because of its ability to assist in digestion. Ginger root and ginger essential oil are gaining fame for their preservation and flavoring abilities.
The health benefits of ginger essential oil are almost the same as the medical health benefits of fresh ginger’s a matter of fact, the most effective form of ginger is the essential oil because it has the highest levels of gingerol. The best way to use ginger is using its oil as medicine. It can either be taken internally to treat various health conditions or rubbed topically with carrier oil on an area of injury, pain or inflammation.
Also, ginger essential oil is used to treat nausea, menstrual disorders, upset stomach, inflammation and respiratory tract related infections. When used as aromatherapy, it is as well known to bring on feelings of bravery and self-confidence, and that is why it is referred to as “the oil of empowerment.”
Ginger is an herbaceous perennial that grows annual stems of approximately three feet tall. The stems bear narrow, green leaves and yellow flowers and it belongs to a family of plants which consists of turmeric and cardamom both of which are remarkably beneficial to one’s health and wellness
There are one hundred and fifteen chemical components that are found in ginger root, but the curative benefits mainly come from gingerol, the oily resin from the root that acts as a highly powerful antioxidantand anti-inflammatory agent. Ginger essential oil is also made up defensive agents that have antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.