Although, voting is optional for the citizens of the country but is the responsibility of every aware citizen to cast vote in the elections and for taking part in the elections, one needs to have the Voter ID card. The citizens of Manipur can get the Voter Id card sitting at their home easily.
- You can only apply for the Voter Id card if you are a citizen of India and the resident of India.
- The candidate who wants to apply for the Voter ID Card should not be less than eighteen years old because the minimum voting age is eighteen years for the citizens of India.
Documents required for the Voter ID card
- Submit the photocopy of the address proof.
- Passport size photographs of the applicants will be required.
- The photocopy of the age proof will be needed to be attached with the application form.
Procedure to register for the Voter ID Card
- Visit http://ceomanipur.nic.in/Online.html
- If you want to cast your votes in Mizoram, then, first of all, you will need to go to the official website http://erms.man.nic.in/FormDownload/Form_6_eng.pdf
- After visiting this website, you will need to get the application form for the Voter ID card registration.
- You will need to fill the application form with appropriate details and then you can submit it along with the necessary documents.
After submitting it, you can wait for fifteen to twenty days after which you will be able to receive the Voter ID Card at your home.